Consumption and use of district heat
District heating is an easy and user-friendly heating method. Because of remotely readable meters, you do not need to report readings yourself. We also ensure the functioning of the distribution network and report any disruptions we identify.
Use and maintenance of district heating
- A property's district heat substation transfers heat from the district heating network to the property. It has a long service life, usually approximately 20–25 years.
- You pay for the heating energy according to your actual consumption. You can track your own consumption using your Energiatili account.
- During normal operation, you do not need to adjust the heating system yourself.
- We recommend that you perform a visual check approximately once a month to determine that the heating substation is in working order and condition and that there are no leaks.
Cooling indicates that the equipment is functional
- The cooling of the district heating water refers to the difference in temperature between district heating water when it enters and leaves the property. The more the district heating water is cooled, the better the district heating equipment works.
- If the cooling is below 25˚C during the heating season or it deviates significantly from previous values, the cause must be determined.
- You can find the actual cooling of district heating water on your heating bill or in your Energiatili account.
Easy assistance in case of problems
- If you suspect a malfunction or want guidance on the use of your district heating system, please contact our customer service.
- Our district heating emergency service is available 24/7 in case of sudden malfunctions with your equipment or heating.
- You can also subscribe to the free disruption message service from your Energiatili account. This will send you a text message or e-mail informing you about district heating interruptions in your area, along with an estimate of the repair time.
- You can also order an inspection of your equipment.
Monitor your consumption
The Energiatili account is an online service that you can use any time you like. The service is free of charge and is available 24/7.
The service provides customers of electricity distribution and district heating with:
- consumption data
- electrical power network and district heating contract information
- district heating invoices
- distribution invoices (provided that the electricity vendor does not charge for the distribution and sale of electricity on a single invoice)
Contact the electricity vendor's customer service or use their online service to provide a change of address. Contracts and invoices related to electricity sales can be found in the electricity vendor's online service.