District heating contract terms to change on April 1, 2022
As of April 1, 2022, we will introduce reformed district heating contract terms that will improve the position of our customers. Changes in legislation have also been taken into account in the reform.
The new terms are recommended by Finnish Energy and follow industry standards. The change is based on the amendments to the Energy Efficiency Act and the Government decree on sharing the consumption and billing information and costs of heating, cooling, and water.
The most important changes
- The requirements for heat energy meters installed by heat suppliers and their reading have been amended; installed meters must be remotely readable and remote reading must be conducted regularly
- The customer's right to receive the consumption, metering, and billing information that forms the basis of their heating billing from the heat supplier has been specified
- The section in the terms concerning free billing has been adjusted in accordance with the Energy Efficiency Act
- The customer's right to electronic services has been clarified
- The terminology used has been specified
The new contract terms will come into effect on April 1, 2022 and the change does not require the customer to take any actions. The new contract terms can be read in full and printed from our Price list page. You may also request the terms in writing from our customer service by e-mail or phone. Our customer service is also happy to provide more information about the changes to the contract terms.
You can contact the district heating customer service either by phone +358 8 577 5110 (local charges apply) or by e-mail email@example.com. For questions about your district heating billing, call +358 9 4246 1341 (local charges apply). Phone service: Mon–Thu from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Fri from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.