Supporting sport and culture for children and young people
We want to focus our support especially on sports and cultural activities for children and young people that have an impact on improving the opportunities for children and young people to engage in hobbies, reducing costs, and inspiring them to engage in hobbies. Different parties that work locally in culture, sports, or other child and youth work can apply for support.
Criteria and principles:
- We support children’s and young people’s sports at the association level. So if you represent an association, please make sure before submitting the application that the application encompasses all of the association’s child and youth activities.
- We support children’s and young people’s cultural activities.
- The applicant must operate in the Oulu region.
- We aim to equally support girls’ and boys’ hobby activities.
- In the selection, we emphasise sports with a large number of participants.
- The support is granted to support hobbies for children under the age of 18.
- The associations and cultural actors that are supported may vary from year to year.
The applications are processed four times a year, after which we will inform the contact person listed in the application of the decision. Please note that the financial support is not granted automatically; all applications are processed taking the criteria into account and are guided by the current budget.