The Northern Power environmental board is an organ consisting of experts and customers. Its primary task is to decide how the funds accumulated through the environment account scheme are used. Based on initiatives received from customers and proposed by the members of the environmental board, the board submits an annual proposal concerning the use of the funds on the energy account to Oulun Energia's board of directors.
Tasks of the environmental board
- Submits an annual proposal concerning the use of funds on the energy account to Oulun Energia's board of directors.
- Selects and awards best environmental initiatives received from customers.
- Monitors that the voice of the customers gets heard.
- Supervises the use of the funds on the energy account.
Permanent experts (Oulun Energia):
- Sales Director Seppo Tuomi, chairman
- Development Director Mikko Rasi, secretary
- Quality and Environmental Director Tarja Väyrynen
External members (two-year term):
- Expert member Janne Hietaniemi, Solved Oy
- Corporate customer representative Marko Lind, Technopolis
- Consumer representative Tuuli Pohjola